Wednesday, December 11, 2013

We're Talking Tactics! 6 Tips to End Perfection Peralysis & Become a 100% Finisher!


If you're reading this, you probably know that I consult with and coach women entrepreneurs to determine the best strategies to grow their sales to a million and beyond, but did you also know that I walk my own talk by having my own coaches for various aspects of my business? Well I absolutely do (and if I didn't, you shouldn't be working with me!).

During a recent conversation with my accountability coach, she said something that made a huge impact, so of course I want to pass her message on to you.  When we were reviewing my commitments, she said, "Now I understand what's happening. You are a 90%er."

I have to admit that I was stunned for a second, but then immediately had a huge revelation. "Yes I am!" I said, and was so excited to realize why it's taking longer than I want to finish projects that are really important to me.  

As we talked about it further, I got real about the fact that when something is really important to me, the last ten percent suddenly feels like running uphill at mile 12 of a half marathon with only 1.1 miles to go, because I want it to be.... perfect! So yes, sometimes I struggle the same issues I discuss with many of you - Perfection Paralysis

I used to be a frequent 70%er, so getting to 90% is progress, but now with full acknowledgement and a few strategies, I'm pushing to one hundred with ease and enjoyment!  Because truth be told, it feels GREAT to finish something completely.  Exhale.

So here are my 5 tips to help you push through perfection peralysis (so we can be in the 100% club together!):

1) Decide what percentage of your projects you are currently finishing now.

2) Determine your top 3 projects that will make the most impact if you finish them 100%.

3) Choose ONE project to focus on now and commit to a reasonable 100% completion date.

4) Take a short walk or get a drink of water when you get the the part that's hard to complete, but come back to it right away. 

5) Find an accountability partner or coach and commit to a day and time every week to check-in until your project is 100% complete.  

6) When the going get's extra tough (usually just as you are about to breakthrough), focus on the great feeling you'll have when you can finally say... DONE! 

Growing your business is a journey, and hopefully these six tips will make the journey that much more satisfying and fruitful.

Lastly, it wouldn't be fair if I didn't tell you how to work my awesome accountability coach if that's the piece missing for you, so learn more about Ali Schiller at www.AliSchiller.com. She is fantastic!

Until next time, Be Profitable & Be WELL! 

xoxo, jgw.

P.S. That picture is of me FINISHING my first half marathon.  See the pure joy in my face after running 13.1 miles? All because I finished what I set out to do... yippee!

P.S.S. Get focused on your most profitable strategies and projects for next year at my conference just for women entrepreneurs "SYMPOSIA :: 2014".  The speaker line up is beyond inspiring so click to learn more and reserve your ticket at www.Symposia2014.com before we sell out!  
http://www.growatthewell.com/symposia-conference.html



No comments: