Good Evening WELLies!
I'm heading to
the beautiful Napa Valley in the morning for a 3 day retreat with my
Women Presidents Organization (WPO) chapter, and wanted to share what we
will be focusing on so you can do the same for your business too.
Sharing is caring right? :)
As a bit of background, WPO is a
global organization of women entrepreneurs who own multimillion dollar companies. I
have been a member since 2007 and it has been instrumental in growing my
business through great times and extremely challenging times, so as
soon as you hit 7 figures, I would love to recommend you for membership.
getting back to the retreat, in addition to incredible speakers (and a
little spa time of course!), our facilitator will guide us through the
following 9 questions so we can go deep on strategy and tactics, and
ensure that we hit the ground running this year.
The 9 focus areas we will work through are:
1. What are the core values of your business (what do you stand for)?
2. What is your core focus (what is your purpose and passion)?
3. What is your 10 year target (revenue, team members, etc.)?
4. What is your 3 year target (revenue, profit, team members, etc.)?
5. What is your 1 year target (revenue, profit, team members, etc.)?
6. What are your primary marketing strategies?
7. What are your goals for this year (revenue, profit, team, etc.)?
8. What are your focused activities this quarter to achieve your goals?
9. What are the roadblock that may slow down your success?
These are simple yet very powerful questions culled from a book called Traction.
if you don't have 3 days to ponder them, I would love for you to set
aside at least 3 hours. Growth planning isn't a luxury, so don't feel
guilty about taking this time because your business and your sanity
depend on it! I also encourage you limit yourself to 3 to 5 answers for
each question. As a small but growing business, less is usually more so
focus on what will move your goals closer with the least amount of
Want to see those 9 strategies in action?
Come and meet 2 of my WPO sisters at SYMPOSIA :: 2015 Conference for Women Entrepreneurs on January 30th
and hear their amazing stories about how they handle growing a big
business head on, keeping their marriages in tact, and somehow raising 5
awesome kids between them in the process... Impressive!
Alright, my suitcase beckons! If you retreat while I'm retreating, reply and let me know how it went, and until next time...
Be Profitable & Be WELL!
P.S. Click here, then on Lara and Sharon's pics to read their bios if you want to take a peek...(THEY ROCK if I do say so myself!)
P.S. Double dip and bring an accountability partner to the conference... Now THAT's a strategy!