Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bond Girl

Hello Meg-

I just finished your article "Sharing Gary" in the July/Aug issue of Inc. and I was both laughing out loud AND cringing because I am the Gary at my house!!

As the owner of a boutique business brokerage firm, wife of 18 years and mom of 3, I too am guilty of thinking that my beloved BBerry allows me to have it all. I have even negotiated deals with six-figure fees at stake from the soccer field!

You will be happy to know that after my kids staged a BlackBerry intervention with me over the Christmas holiday, I agreed to surrender my "business partner" from 6p-9p (and now actually turn it off from 10p to 6am- breakthrough!).

So Meg, thanks for the friendly reminder that business isn't everything and that being present for my family will ultimately bring me the success I desire (most of it anyway!). Thanks again for sharing your story.

Most sincerely,

Julie

P.S. Just realized that I am writing this after 6p, but we're on vacation- uh oh, double oops...


Julie Gordon White, Broker BlueKey Business Brokerage 510.812.2233 cell @pinkbizbroker twitter

No comments: